Tuesday 12 April 2016

And then the nominations started rolling in...

One thing Gary and I found when we undertook our breakfast challenge last year - aside from people trying to invite themselves along(!), was that people were asking us if we'd been to certain places that they personally liked for breakfast. They wanted to know our opinions or get us to try where they thought was a good breakfast spot.

Eventually enough people started recommending places to us that I started compiling a new list made up of those nominations, and when I opened it up on Facebook to other people if they wanted to add anywhere else to the list they'd like to see us review we ended up with another full list of places to try out as part of our challenge. The list is still growing even now, a year on!

We haven't done anywhere near one a week, and often times there will be months elapsing between reviews but in the past year we've completed 11 nominations (to date) with many more still to do.

Over the next course of blogs, I'll first be backdating the reviews of the nominations we've completed so far and then I will move over to near enough "live-blog" new reviews on the day they happen which will be a bit of a relief as the backtracking takes quite a long time! Though, I must admit that I have enjoyed looking back at our reviews so far as they have stirred up some pleasant memories and reminded me of a few places I'd forgotten about despite how glowing our reviews had been upon that visit.

Up next is our first nomination, Urban Angel on Hanover Street, nominated by our assistant manager Ally.

No comments:

Post a Comment